ANOTHER ONE GONE - AT 7:56 P.M. ET: Another Obaman has been thrown under the bus, joining Van Jones, who was just getting comfy after his resignation late Saturday night. The Politico reports:
The communications director for the National Endowment for the Arts is no longer in his job amid a flap over suggestions he suggested artists work to further President Obama's legislative agenda.
A conservative artist writing on the site Big Hollywood first complained that the official, later identified as Yosi Sargent, had been on a conference call with artists aimed at furthering President Obama's legislative agenda -- a bit of a no-no for the agency, which does its best to stay apolitical.
The agency, for now, is keeping it utterly cryptic: Sargent is "currently an employee," said spokeswoman Sally Gifford, who said she couldn't comment on whether he is communications director.
Huffington Post's Ryan Grim reported that Sargent had been "asked to resign," and played it as another scalp -- like Van Jones' -- for Glenn Beck.
COMMENT: You see, it's all Glenn Beck's fault. Glenn Beck and Bush and Cheney and...we're on the brink of FASCISM, don't you see?
No I don't.
Well, at least this one didn't twist slowly in the wind, so maybe the Obamans are showing some end-of-career compassion for the terminally incompetent. We're sure, though, that Mr. Sargent's devotion will be well remembered and rewarded by his comrades. Maybe we shouldn't say comrades.
September 10, 2009